Herbal Medicine with Karen Bauer BSc (Hon) MNIMH
Karen is available Monday afternoon and sometimes by arrangement
When consulting, Karen will take a thorough case history to get an idea of any factors that might be contributing to, or aggravating the symptoms. The first consultation usually takes around an hour and you will be asked many questions that will help her gain an understanding of how the various systems of your body function, such as digestion, circulation, respiratory, hormonal, musculoskeletal, your skin, kidneys and the nervous system. Any prescribed medication from your GP will be taken into account along with past medical history and family medical history. Diet and lifestyle will also be discussed. She will then work out a treatment plan with you, carefully choosing herbs tailored to suit you, to address your current needs and any underlying contributing factors. The herbs will usually be given in the form of a liquid (tincture) or a tea. Creams or lotions may also be prescribed if required.
Anything discussed during a consultation is completely confidential.
After you have taken your herbs for a period of time a follow up appointment is usually required to check your progress, this takes around 30minutes. This enables you and the herbalist to see how you are responding to the treatment. If needed, the herbs you have been given can be altered to further suit your needs.
The length of time you need to take your herbs can vary depending on your initial visit.
Karen has found herbal medicine to be beneficial in people with acute or chronic health complaints or for use during difficult stages in life as supportive tonics. During her time in clinic she has come across the following:
- Digestive problems such as indigestion, ulcers, colitis, IBS
- Skin problems including eczema, acne and psoriasis
- Recurrent coughs and colds
- Anxiety, stress, depression and insomnia
- Menstrual disturbances
- Cystitis and thrush
- M.E and chronic fatigue
- Arthritis, gout, muscle and joint pain
- High blood pressure, varicose veins
- Prostate problems
- Verrucas & warts
- Initial consultation……….60 mins £45
- Follow up consultation… ..30 mins £25
Children (up to 12 years)
- Initial consultation………30-60 mins £30
- Follow up consultation…..30 mins £20
- Herbs cost around £8.00 per week for adults, children require smaller quantities so the cost will be less for them
Karen is more than happy to chat with you to discuss whether Herbal medicine could help you before booking.